A novel is a long narrative, normally in prose which describes fictional characters and events, usually in the form of a sequential story. A novella is a written work of fiction longer than a short story but shorter than a novel.
Here are some tips to writing a successful novel:
- Tell the story you want to read.
- Begin with a character as believable as possible.
- Your character, like all people, should have some flaws.
- Give your character a problem that is compelling - it will keep the action moving.
- Create real conflict, whether internal or external.
- Make something happen in each scene.
- Delete scenes that do not move the story forward.
- Make everything is believable – avoid miracles.
- Stick with the story - don’t give up.